Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohit (others)     13 January 2016

Dv act

Dear sir,

my wife petion 125 crpc rejected .now in dv case she file a  eviedance affidvit 18 niyam 4  in his affidavit also same facts witch decided on merrit in 125 crpc by family court judge of same court .

my question is  family court judge is  almost post district judge  and dv case is pending in cjm court after 125 crpc rejected on merrit now my wife filled 18 niyam 4 affidavit on same facts in dv act is it maintainable , or re cross exmined  please advice me and if any citiation regarding my case please give me  or if  not possible please give me its reference  as soon as possible.

thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 January 2016

This is a separate matter under different law but definately the decision of section 125 CR.P.C will help your defence in this case too. Right of wife to claim protection order and right to residence exists even if her right to get maintenance from the husband failed in a similar proceedings like u/s125 Cr.P.C from superior court (District level Family Court).

The matter in DV Act complaint will continue till her right to residence and protection get decided against you by the CJM court.

1 Like

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     14 January 2016

I had identical but not same situation so I know this first-hand.  This is what you need to know:  The judgment of a Court has two aspects: Legal and factual. The factual conclusions of a Court, once set and not appealed are more-or-less final. There are numerous theories in law which can be applied to assert that these are final and can no longer be litigated. Among the theories that are applicable are res judicata, constructive res judicata and estoppel, among others. Each of them merit a book, so cannot be discussed in a para. I say more-or-less because there are legal issues such as civil vs. criminal, the Act under which one set of facts were determined, etc.  That said, a Family Court's findings are required to be honored by a Magistrate in a family court matter.  If I find time, I can forward a Judgment or two... Its been a while since I went through this.

When you do file your response or arguments, you need to present certified copies of the judgments. If cross-examination is not done, MAKE SURE that you bring the judgments officially on the record by presenting them to her and asking her specifically on the same topic and reading the section of the judgment, with respect to factual conclusions, that favor you. In your arguments, do not fail to use the terms Res Judicata, Constructive Res Judicata and Estoppel among other. Do some reading on them so you know what they mean.

Remember, factual conclusions are different than application of law. For example, if you claim that she was  cruel to you and some Court has proved that she was, then thats favorable to you. But under some law, she may still qualify for maintenance and possibly under another law, she may not. These are interesting areas of law which I learned first hand... 

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register