LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit   27 December 2015

Office key taken by police

I'm new to this forum and looking for a help.

I'd taken a premieses on monthly rental to run my office, bascially doing designing & data entry work. Somehow the buyer didn't paid us and we forced to shut down the business after seeing no opportunity.

So I decided to rent out the office including furnitue, computers to a 3rd party after getting permission from by building owner. They agree and also did the police verification of new tenant. As usually the new tenant used their lock/key.

I collect the rent from the new tenent and forward the same to the landlord after deducting my share. My share is the office furnitures, computers and other utilites used by the tenent. That's not too high.

The new tenent business is to provide jobs by taking money from job seekers and other consultancy related to jobs. After running 2 months they fled away without giving our last month rent. Even they didn't notified to their staff. At this time we came to know that they did a fraud by taking money from their job seekers and didn't provided any jobs. Those jobs seekers filed a complained to the nearest police station. Police came and locked the office and also taken key from their staff.

When I came to know this news I enquired and talked with Head Constables who taken the Office Key. He didn't provided much information, and only told me to tell your landlord to talk with him. I told landlord and he didn't response.

Police telling me we'll not give you the key as you don't have any ownership of the office utilites. How can we give the key to you. Ask you're landlord to discuss with us. In this time Land lord is not talking with the police to get the key.

What should I do. Help me. I'm not rich as I already get cheated by the buyers.

Learning

2 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     27 December 2015

since its an oral agreement made by you with the owner of the premises convince your landlord to state the facts to the police.

Sumit   27 December 2015

Landlords know the facts that the goods belongs to me. Is there any other way such as "superdari" suggested by one of my friends, to claim the goods. If so what's the procedure. is it long process.

I don't thing police lodged any FIR. Since there are no communication through police.

No complainer visit the premieses after lodging the complain. They usually stopped tov isit the premises.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register