Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kavianil   05 December 2015

Regarding re-payment of education loan

Sir,

I have taken 7 lakhs loan for my Masters, but due to a mojor accident occured to me I couldn't complete my course. We have taken an extension to start re-payment from September 2015.But I failed to start it. Now I am willing to pay loan installments from January 2016 as I joined in job from 1st December 2015. Recently [JUNE 30th] we met with the bank officials where I have taken my loan and submited my changed address and phone number.

The problem is, due to heavy load the branch where we got loan approval has been divided into three parts depending on areas of the city. In this procees my file is shifted to one of the new branches. Now they are saying we have absconded from them and we are not in touch with bank from long time.

They blocked my uncles account who was 3rd party assurance, and they are legally proceeded with my case and the case is on the bench. They are asking me to pay Rs 50000/- immediately to stop the further proceedings and asking to give the commitment to Rs 50000/- per month as a installment from now on. Otherwise they will seize my passport.

Please sugest me how I have to proceed with the things further, I am already paying Rs 28000/- per month for my sisters loan from six months to the same bank.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Sagar R. Jadhav (Proprietor)     05 December 2015

You do not pay any amount to bank as the matter is before court /tribunal, you must contest the said matter by filling your vakaltanama and your detailed reply for the same. Get amount fixed for monthly installments by court not by bank.

kavianil   05 December 2015

Thank you Sir, I am staying in Dubai right now. My mother is second gurenteer for my loan. If she goes to court is it enough or they force me to come back? Do court gives order to seize my passport?

Adv. Sagar R. Jadhav (Proprietor)     06 December 2015

You must appoint local advocate first and file vakaltnama, he will contest said matter on behalf of you. your mother can appear as a gurantor and one behal of you also. you require to appear sometime in the case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register