Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praful   20 October 2015

Can housing society charge fine rs.100/ per day

Dear Sir,

I'm residing in 1RK (7th floor Corner flat)  in MHADA colony, Kandivli , Mumbai & have installed AC compressor in grill outside the passage area ( Attached picture). In most of my nearby mhada buildings I have seen such kind of AC installation. There is no objection from my neighbour, no harm to building  but our committee has issued a notice that " We have not taken permission from society and society don't allow anyone installing AC in grill outside the passage area, remove it within 7 days and place it in your window grill or Rs .100/- per day fine will be charged.

Please refer attached letter, wherein I have mentioned that I'm new owner here,I was not aware of the same, no one objected or given written information about rules and regulation of the society during the 3 months renovation/repair period. Removal of AC compressor will damage my wall as there is conciel wiring, I will suffer financial loss and asked them under which law/bye-law you are charging a fine of Rs. 100/- per day.

Even after follow-up they neither ready to give acknowledgement copy of my reply nor giving reply to my letter, Secretary said he can not sign n stamp my reply letter without chairman's signature and then he said committee not ready to give acknowledgement copy or reply.  My family is very upset because of there such kind of behaviour of Managing committee and other committee members

Please let me know the following:-
1) Is there action is legal?
2) under which bye law they must have issued such notice & proposed a fine of Rs .100/- per day ?
3). Is society legally authorised to fine any amount? any limit?
4) Can Comitee modify minutes passed in AGM meeting for their ego?
5) Is Co-op housing society Comitee is above the Bye-law given by Maharashtra co-op society..
6) Can society pass any law as per their intention?
7) How can I save myself?

Your immediate reply/help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Praful

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/editor_upload/331055_20151020161645_694829572ac_placed_outside_passage.jpg

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     20 October 2015

It is not permitted. Ignorance of law is no excuse. 

praful   21 October 2015

I didnt get you sir. what is not permitted and who has  Ignored the law?. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register