LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jignesh (Deputy Manager)     31 December 2009

Inheritance

The property in the native place of mine is in the name of my grand mother.The will of the property is not made for the same.

i have a query whether,my aunties(i.e daughter of my grand mom) who are married ibetween1965-70 will have a right there on for inheritance.My grand mom is still alive.

Beside can they challege the arrangement made by my grand mother in the favour of his sons.

awaiting your clarification on the same

thanks & regards

Jignesh Kenia

Learning

3 Replies

rajkumar.vnm.marupeddi (advocate)     31 December 2009

From the information given by you, I am of the opinion that the proeprty owned by your grand mother shall be her absolute property. No body shall have any rights over the same. your aunties will have no rights over your grand mother's property. Your aunties(married or unmarried) or any one of the family members is not entitled to  interfere with the arrangement between your grand mother and her four sons.

Jignesh (Deputy Manager)     31 December 2009

I have another query.

The will made by my grandfather is like this.

The property consist of two shops which will be equally shared by five sons only after grand mom is no more.untill my grand mom is alive she has to be paid fixed royalty every year from the income of the shop.

Now the matter of the fact is that My grand father have expired 25yrs back,my grand mom is still alive.My father and his four brothers want to enter into an arrangement mutually werein inetretsed party (One of the sons) can purchase a shop at predecided amount and others sons will relinquish their rights from the shops.

The question here is whether My parents and uncle can enter into such an arrangement in the presence of my grand mom (she is still alive),if so then wat all clauses can be enetered into arrangement so that in fututre nobody can challenge it.

kindly advise...how shall we go about it

Thanks & Regards

Jignehs Kenia

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     01 January 2010

Since your grand mother is one of the beneficiaries , such arrangement can be entered into whrein your grandmother would sign as a confirming party. Taking all the beneficiaries in the same deed should be sufficient to bind them in future from raising future complications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register