Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

baby123   15 September 2015

Family issue with co-sister

Hi,

I am staying with my husband`s family (parent and older bro-in law). Recently, my bro-in-law got married without informing anybody and now his wife is pregnant. Based on the due date, we are suspecting that he married her because she got pregnant with his child. 

Post marriage, there are regular fights and arguments between my in-laws, my bro-in-law and his wife. My in-laws hardly spoke with my co-sister and there are lots of stress in the family. 

Now my bro-in-law shifted to a separate house but looking at the different situation, I will not be surprised if his wife filed cases of domestic violence in very near future. Now my ques is :

Since my bro-in-law and his wife are not staying with us now, is it possible for her to file a case of domestic violence against me, my husband and my in-laws. If yes, how to avoid it?

Please note that her family is quite influential.  

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     15 September 2015

Mam, Be careful in the sense that whenever she comes or calls or as in the case od brother in law as well,make a audio recording or video recording if possible to show to the court that how she has been treated and there was no domestic violence kind of a thing in that case ... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2015

Who knows what is in her mind?, You cannot stop her from venturing into such absurd ideas. By he way why should she target you, were you hostile to her during her stay together with you in the same house?

If she is filing a domestic violence case against all which includes you, it should be challenged as per law in the court, no precautionary measure will be effective other than mediation after she files a case. 

You can ask your husband to be vigilant over such developments. 

Ram   08 October 2015

Despite repeated warnings given to my brother regarding misconduct of his wife, he left her under my mother's custody..Due to this her bad behavior i was forced to change my residence..I shifted two homes which is far from my office..Also I have paid rent for living there this has created great mental agony for me.Also I lost my image..So I want to file a Deformation And Mental Agony Case against my brother and sister-in-law..Pls advice and anyone pls help..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register