LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nidhi (XYZ)     30 December 2009

Ex Parte Divorce Appeal

My husbad had filed a divorce petition. I had received the summons but didnt attend a single hearing. The court has passed an ex parte decree. I would want to appeal in the high court against the order. Do i need a certified copy of the order for appealing? What is the process and documents required?

Learning

4 Replies

vishvesh (general manager)     30 December 2009

u should have attended hearing, but i can understand u must be in some big emotional problem. Any way u must be knowing suit number eg. 700032 / 2007. U can take copies of all procedures done by court by making proper application paying promer amount. Court takes 5Rs. per page with court stamp. Then u can file suit in upper court. Best wishes.

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     31 December 2009

You can file the appeal within 90 days of the decree of the divorce. As your summons will read the case number, you can just quote the same and put the application to set aside the decree of divorce

Anjali (IT)     31 December 2009

I think you no need to file appeal in high court..just file the set-a-side exparte-decree petition in the same district court with reasons for not responding to the summons..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register