LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aloordmary (ipr)     28 December 2009

will

Can anyone help me and provide me a draft of will.

Learning

8 Replies

Asha Pole (Legal)     28 December 2009

A sample of a will

I,  ___________________ Inhabitant, residing at___________________ being in a sound and disposing state of mind, hereby revoke all former Wills, Codicils and other Testamentary dispositions heretofore made by me and declare this to be my last Will and testament.

1.     I appoint

Mr./Mrs./Miss

To be the Executors / Executrixes of this my Will, to act jointly and severally

2.     I direct that the following personal belongings owned by me shall be distributed amongst the persons named as follows :_____________________________________

3.      I direct that my last illness expenses, the funeral and religious ceremony expenses / legal expenses of probate, etc. unpaid taxes, other liabilities, if any, and such other expenses shall be paid from the followings :_____________________

4.      I direct that the following movable and immovable properties owned by me shall be distributed as per their respective shares amongst persons named as follows :______________

5.      I give, devise and bequeath all the rest and residue of my property, whether movable or immovable of whatsoever nature and wheresoever situate to my____________________ absolutely.

Dated this__________ day of____________ 19________

Signed by the said Mr./Mrs./Miss_________________

_________________ (Signature the Testator)

The Testator, in the presence of us present at
The time, who in his presence and in the
Presence of each other subscribe our name
As witnesses:______________

1)

Signature of the Witness

Name

Occupation

Address

2)

Signature of the Witness

Name

Occupation

Address

subhash kumar (advocate)     28 December 2009

Dear, Asha pole given you the simple draft of will, i think this will be good for you .

Subhash kumar.adv

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     29 December 2009

While executing the will, it is preferable to have independant witnesses 

aloordmary (ipr)     30 December 2009

Thank you.

Dear Asha mam:

Thank you so much for the draft. One more advise i need from you is how and where to go for registration of will. And will is to be drafted on stamp paper. if yes, then please let me know as to how much rupees stamp paper is required. Rs. 100 or Rs. 50? please advise.

Waiting for your reply

Thanks and regards

Ruth

subhash kumar (advocate)     30 December 2009

Dear ruthmary philip,

wish u happy belated christmas

you can registered the will in the registrary office, where the property situated. the will draft only on plaint paper , need not to buy any stamp paper . also affixed the photograph of the testator

Subhash kumar, adv

Asha Pole (Legal)     30 December 2009

Apart from this, each page of the will has to be signed in order to avoid any fraudelent or manipulation  in due course of time.

Thank you so much for the advises from everyone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register