LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhima Meghavat   06 August 2015

How to start a law firm

Hi friends, I am a practicing advocate, and doing practice in Tax Matters, I belong from Odisha, shifted to Pune, and will be here for more than 10 years from now onwards. I am in the roll of Odisha State Bar Council.

I would like to start a Law Firm, here in Pune, now I am practicing as an Independent Advocate being a member of Odisha State Bar Council.  

My question is… Do I need to register my Law Firm in Bar Council of India?  Or Simple I can take a shop Act from Maharashtra Shop & Establishment department to start it.

I just do not want to be an individual/independent practitioner, hence wants to start a law firm Register with BCI.  

I want to run the firm over the country, I have plan to take associates from each corner of the country,

I want my firm should be registered in Bar Council of India, what is the procedure and how to get register for the same.

It would be my pleasure and a ton thanks to you for your valuable suggestions

Regards

Bhima

Learning

1 Replies

Adv.Maheshrao Jadhav (Arbitrator Lawyer Advocate)     10 August 2015

hello BHIMA ,

its better you have to go through the provisions of ADVOCATES ACT 1961 .

aswell as you have to apply for migration of your SANAD from  Odisha State Bar Council to MAHARASHTRA AND GOA BAR COUNCIL .[CHECK IF REUIRED NOW DAYS]

FOR ALL THIS YOU BETTER APPROCH MEMBER OF MAHRASHTRA AND GOA BAR COUNCIL FROM PUNE BAR ASSOCIATION....

.................. WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register