LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

elbee barboza (HR Executive)     27 December 2009

ancestral property

In the absence of a will, can a brother who has two sisters from birth, transfer ownership of an apartment (parental property) in Mumbai without the consent of his sisters using the channel of a newspaper advertisement(timed to ensure they would not be able to know of it)
What reprieve do the the sisters have if this is later bought to their attention by a well wisher?

Learning

3 Replies

v s parma (owner)     28 December 2009

My question is I have a survey no. which was tranfered on my great grand father to gran father during 1954,then from my grand father to father during 1963 and from my father to me during 1987. whether this property is ancestral property?

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     28 December 2009

"v s parma" :

WELL, Well, well,  I would say the following (pun intended)

1.  IF  you consider your great grand father as your ancester, THEN  the property brought by your great grand father, will today be considered as "ancestral property".

The same applies for your grand father, your father too,  that is if you consider them as your "ancestors"

NOWADAYS,  the current generation does not consider anybody as any ancestor and whatever family property they can lay claim on is considered as their own personal acquired property.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

subhash kumar (advocate)     28 December 2009

yes

subhash kumar, adv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register