Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

alok   24 June 2015

Sbi credit card payment

Hi,

This is with reference to the credit card payment issue. I am having SBI credit card. But as i lost my job few months back and still struggling to get a job, I was not able pay the bills incurred on SBI credit card. At the time of issue of credit card, I was in Delhi and due to loss of job and no bank balance at all, i had recently shifted to my home town. Still the address and phone number registered with SBI credit card is of Delhi.

When I was in Delhi, I received the call (what i suppose) from collection agents on behalf of SBI to deposit the money, I somehow managed to pay the min. due amount of Rs.10,000. When I shifted from Delhi to my home town, I received the calls from these collection party about the payment of CC. although I didnt change my registered mobile number and address in SBI.

What I notices is that these collection agents are tracking my details from my resume uploaded on www.naukri.com 

Yesterday I received one mail from these collection agents that If I will not pay the amount then they will go Legal and intimate police for the same. I am copying the mail which I received for your reference.

Currently due to no job and no saving left with me, I am not in condition to pay the bills.

Please advice me what shall I do and I do not have any intentions of not paying the bills as when i had job, I was paying regularly all my bills.

Can these collection agent send me any legal notice on the address which is not registered with SBI official database.

Please help me.

Below is the mail which I received. It does not anything which signifies that It is a official mail from SBI.I am also quoting the email which seems not a authentic e-mail of SBI employee.

rahul yadav <sbi.creaditcard@gmail.com>

This mail is regarding your SBI credit card payment for card no

437************73

Your total outstanding is Rs 138831/- and min due is Rs 18500/-

Request you to kindly make the payments before  2th JUL  2015 to avoid legal dunning on the account.

Bank will send notice and police intimation on the below mention permanent 

address 

No. 14**,    Kalyanpur, Kanpur, U.P. - 208017

send your contact number 

REGARDS                  :      SBI

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2015

Hope you will take it positively.

If you can't pay don't borrow.

You have borowed and you have to pay the debt.

It is a civil liability.

Police is not collection agent of M/s SBI Cards and Payment services Pvt. Ltd!

You can raise your objections to CEO of SBI Cards with a copy to Chairman SBI and Governor RBI.

You may go thru many threads on similar queries at LCI alone, e.g.:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.VYpOiVJ-hkg

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Credit-card-and-personal-loan-outstanding-122841.asp#.VYqnUVJ-hkg

alok   24 June 2015

Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion. I want to ask you wether I shall take the help of settlement agencies or shall i contact the bank directly.

What precautions shall I take into account before paying the amount as I read many post that many customers are harrashed despite paying the settled amount to the banks.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2015

Instaed of settlement agencies prefer to seek counsel of your trusted lawyer or a lawyer handling consumer matters.

Settlement is an adverse entry and shall feature in your credit report and lower your credit rating.

You counsel succesfully handle the matter and negotiate to pay settled amount/principle amount get in writing that the CC company shall cleanse your credit hsitory (CIBIL etc)and the settlement shall have no adverse bearing on your credit rating and loan taking ability in future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register