LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

surbhi bakshi (Software engineer)     24 May 2015

advice needed for consumer forum Cass

Hi, recently I traveled from bangalore to hyderabad from bus. I'd to catch a flight at 7:40 AM to my hometown to attend my brother's wedding on the same day. According to travel website the bus would have reached first official drop point which was 5:30AM in hyderabad, so, I was expecting to get down near hyd airport by 5 am. I informed driver and conductor about the same as soon as I boarded the bus, he initially claimed he will do but as the bus left bangalore, he stopped bus several times without appropriate reasons and after even requesting he kept doing same with rude answers like not his responsibility/problem to make us reach on time or ask the website people to drop instead of bothering him. Ultimately he made us miss the flight by reaching airport drop point around 7:40am. Later, while getting down I forgot a bag in bus and called him within 2 minutes of getting down from bus to which he said I'll need to pay him if I want him to wait on the next stop. I refused to pay him, so he made me chase him for another 2-3 hours till the last stop of bus. He didn't even listen to his agent whom we contacted to ask him to wait. Rescheduling, and waiting 12hours in airport costed almost 20k (including the bus fare and chasing him and going back to airport which was another 70kms journey). Ultimately I couldn't attend my bother's wedding,so apart from financial losses, it did cause emotional and mental harassment to not just me, but my family too. I am planning to file a case against him in consumer forum. I want to know how strong is my case, and shall I go to some lawyer rather than going all by myself?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register