LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore   11 May 2015

Mutual divorce

My daughter got married on 6-6-2015.  The marriage was performed well.  After going to in-law's hourse, my daughter came to know that they are non-vegetarians.  (We are brahmins, Iyengars).  Moreover, the boys is s*xually incompetent person.  Even after a gap of 4 months she could not be peformed her first night.  He is compltely listening to her mother and not at all showing any interest in family.  The boy's mother is a retirered teacher and she had divorced her husband after 3 months of her marriage.  In the boy's documents the name of the father is shown with someone's name.  

My daughter came back to house the next day of Diwali and staying in the house..Now both the parties hae agreed for mutual divorce.  There are no problem from both the sides.  

How can we get divorce of my daughter. Is there any way without much exenditure.  Is there any model document so that we can follow that.  Can we approacvh Lok Adalat for quick disposal.  Kindly suggest me some way 

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     11 May 2015

for mutual divorce they both got to live seperately for a year which means that the divorce petition can be presented only after a year of marriage.instead you can file a petition to the family court to declare the marriage null and void u/s sec11 hma on grounds of fraud.the advantage of this over mcd is after divorce the status of your daughter is as that of before marriage and she wont be declared as a divorcee.the petition has to be presented within a year of discovering the fraud

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register