Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishita (Engineer)     14 March 2015

Copyrights violation on blog

Hi,

I have recently posted a blog about weddings where I used a photographer's photo from a wedding album published on his blog. My blog is about wedding planning in general. The post was about something related to a wedding idea. He made a comment on the post called me "rude and unethical" but with no explicit request to remove the photo. I immediately rectified the situation and removed his content and emailed him issuing an apology that  how thought it was OK as long as I give credit to the photographer and I removed his photo. It so happend in this case that I forgot to link it back to this blog, I usually take this very serioulsy and give the credit but I missed it in this case.

He kept calling me unethical and unprofessional and repeatedly accused me of stealing via email to the point of making sarcastical remarks about my blog and asking me to "get a life".  I tried to defend myself saying it will not happen again but he wasnt accepting. He tracked my domain name information and personal information about me and now he's threatening to report me and my blog for abuse and violate my privacy in the community. I always thought it was OK to post as long as I give due credit. If he goes ahead with the charges or publicly posts in the community to defame/report my blog for abuse, is there anyway I can defend myself? Please let me know!

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 March 2015

This involves cyber law for cyber crimes, i.e., if the activities are going beyond control, and he is not in the mood for any compromise but intends to harm you or threaten you, the matter can be taken up with cyber crime police as a complaint and seek their intervention for a relief and remedy through law.

paras (rm)     22 June 2015

Hi Kalaiselvan sir

You have given good reply to Rish*ta.I want to know that the said person can proceed legaly against Rish*ta for copyright infringment or something like that and can he claim something from her? If yes what remedies Rish*ta may have.Your answer will be valuable to many other readers also

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register