Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

gohilsaheb (advocate)     11 March 2015

How can i become a notary?

how can i become a notary?

i am an advocate in gujarat practicing from more than last 10 years.

is there form filling process running still in gujarat ?

from where can i get an application form?

who arranges the interviews and when?

all other possible details please

thanks

Learning

1 Replies

aditi srivastava   27 April 2021

respected sir

For applying to be a notary a person should have at least 10 years of experience as an advocate. In the case of SC/ST and woman it is 7 years of experience. One must belong to Indian Legal Services and served under central and state government. Also serve as an officer in Judge's department of the advocate general or in the military.

In order to get the license of a notary you need to submit your application in the memorial form to the competent authority of the government based on the provisions of law. After your application is approved, a certificate will be issued to practice that will authorize you to become a notary. A government owned gazette will publish it and your name will be filed in the notary register which is maintained by the government. For the first appointment as a notary you will be charged Rs 1000 which will last for 5 years before its renewal. Then on the renewal of the license you will be charged Rs 500. It is also possible to apply for extension in your area of jurisdiction which will charge Rs 750.

I'm also providing a link for the application form for notary public by Ministry of law and justice-

https://www.india.gov.in/application-form-notary-public-ministry-law-and-justice

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register