Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shanawaz khan (clerk)     25 January 2015

Escape to dubai

Dear sir

My name is shrinivas from bangalore. i work in a govt. department.  one of my friend had taken a hand loan from me for Rs one lakh as he was jobless & planning to go to dubai. he told that he wanted money to pay to agency & flight ticket & he will return it once he gets in salary. i checked the genuinity of the agency & job & found that it was ok. i gave him loan on the promise that he will return it within a month or two once he gets the salary there. he gave me that asurance  & also he has give a cheaque for that amount with out date

Now he is in dubai from past 5 months & is not responding to request. he says he doesn't have the money . under these circumstances what are the options to me. i know his brother & mother & they are very friendly good people & his brother is bed ridden. they are not in a position to pay

1. can i lodge a cheque bounce case . if so how much time it takes

2. since he is in dubai & may not return shortly , does cheque bounce case will have any effect on him

3. can i register a police complaint under cheating & if  i can get a FIR, if i send it to dubai police will t have any effect?

please let me know.

with regards

Learning

6 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     25 January 2015

If you are in need of money, set the law in motion and follow the procedures,then wait for the out come.

Thank you for the kind reply. But since he is out of country what is the best alternative. Does the dubai police have any obligation to take action if suppose he is declare as offender by our court & sine he is an Indian citizen can they send him back?

Thank you for the kind reply. But since he is out of country what is the best alternative. Does the dubai police have any obligation to take action if suppose he is declare as offender by our court & sine he is an Indian citizen can they send him back?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2015

1. can i lodge a cheque bounce case . if so how much time it takes

2. since he is in dubai & may not return shortly , does cheque bounce case will have any effect on him

which cheque you are talking about. you have not stated about any cheque in your query.  you have not even stated if any cheque exissted.  you have not stated whether any such cheque is bounced.  you have not stated when it was bounced.  you have not stated whether the cheque is now valid.

you may not expect a workable advise without facts.  This is not astrological forum.

3. can i register a police complaint under cheating & if  i can get a FIR, if i send it to dubai police will t have any effect?

how do you p[rove cheating.  your query does not indicate any wrong information givne by him.

given facts only indicate you to be a philonthropist who has just paid a fee of Rs 1 lakh to under stand that the money givne to friends relatives, cousines of self and spounce is a charity in the garb of loan never intended to be refunded.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 January 2015

you also believe that his brother and mother are nice persons. yes they will be nice as long you do not demand money paid by you. when you demand then you will know how nasty they will turn on you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register