LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji (Self)     23 January 2015

Tep-rti for gold receipts

Hi Sir, Wife filed 498a on me saying 15 lakhs dowry and 150 grams gold given at the time of marriage after that I got regular bail . I have filed TEP and after 3 weeks I filed RTI , in that I asked father in law income tax returns and income related questions only but I didn’t ask gold receipts and bills for 150 grams in RTI Application.

1. Shall I file RTI again for gold receipts and bills to Income Tax department with TEP Reference. Please advise.
  2. Shall I ask these questions in RTI "Following information is required:-

1. Please provide either copies or details of (copies or originals of) receipts and bills etc. submitted by Mrs. 498a, with respect to the expenditure claimed to have been incurred by her and her natal family under various heads like jewellery, hosting of ring ceremony / engagement, hosting of wedding, and any other expenditure claim.

2. Please provide all details that have been mentioned in the said (copies or originals of) bills and receipts etc. 

Please advise and Thanks for ur time

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 January 2015

Normally no prudent person will show all these (as it is illegal transactions) in the Income Tax returns. If they have shown, by mistake, in the Income tax return it is your luck and their bad luck.  It is nothing wrong to try under RTI Act.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 January 2015

1. The provisions of RTI Act, 2005 are inapplicable  to private persons. 

2. Very few receipts will serve her (your wife's) purpose. She can procure receipts and manage witnesses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register