Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Struggler (Senior technical associate)     22 January 2015

Can a husband stay separately from wife

Hi Experts,

I am married for nearly four years I have been facing problems with my wife from starting of marriage and things have got ugly when she went to her parental house for delivery.

She has returned back after three months of delivery along with her mother and went away next day itself saying that her health condition is not good and want to stay at parental house for few more days and on one fine day I was called for a mediation with elders where she has raised new demand saying that I should keep my parents separately and after my uncles and parents insisted me to accept for the same so I have agreed to do so but when I kept a condition that I will provide maintenance for my parents she has not agreed for that and mediation ended with out a result.

After almost three weeks I have received a phone call from police station of her locality and I was asked to speak to SI when I called SI he said that my wife and her parents have raised a complaint against me saying that I have asked for extra dowry as they have not agreed for that I am not allowing her to enter the house and SI has asked me to come for family counselling and if avoid to do so he will lodge a case against me to avoid the consequences I have attended the counselling where they have failed to prove the charges they raised against me and started blaming us that we cheated them by false details of our properties during marriage and they want the properties that we have to be written on her name and this mediation also failed when we have not agreed for their demands One thing I would like to bring to your notice here that she has left four months old kid at her parents and  joined her job and was staying in hostel and I was unaware of the same.

After a week SI has called me and said that my wife will join my house after one month. She along with her father has come to my house after one month and I have demanded for written statement that he has not given any extra dowry to me but he has not agreed to do so and as a part of safety measure i have called my neighbors and fought with him orally (I almost broke my head out of emotion) so that I have some support from my neighbours if he again try to complaint against me. As I know that my wife has come to my home to collect evidences against me I use to keep calm even if she tried to fight with me for small reasons. It went fine for one month and after one month her father came to my home and demanded(which he always does) to
visit his place for a festival when I refused he has taken away his daughter and my daughter. While leaving she has called my office colleague and said bad about me she again joined the hostel and continued with her job but left my daughter at her parents place. Her father again started visiting the police station and started puttinf pressure on them to register a 498a case when I was informed about the same I have sent a notice through my lawyer that she can come and join the family in return she has sent a reply saying that she will join the house only if I agree to keep my parents separate and I have not agreed for that and after 3 months her father came along with 10 members for mediation and thank god nothing has gone worst and she gain joined my house after two weeks it went fine for few months and again it started and for a small things she fights with me and drags my parents and start abusing them bad words which I cant mention and after few days she went to her parents place and returns back leaving my daughter at her mothers place with out informing me when I ask her to bring back my child she complaints against us that we are not taking proper care of the kid which is a false allegation she leaves for office at 8:00 AM and returns after 7:PM till then my mother, father and I use to take of care of child I have given all kind of vaccinations for my kid. Now it is almost a year since I have seen my kid.

After failed efforts to change her behavior my parents have decided to stay separately from me and they are staying separately for nearly one month and I use to visit the house where my wife is staying during day time as I work in night shifts and she has not tried to reach me for nearly two weeks after two weeks she calls me and as I know that she has called to torture me mentally I have not lifted her call then she asks her father to call me and when I have not taken his call he calls my parents and threatens them that he has arranged rowdies in and around my house and he will see my end and from that day I have stopped visiting the house and I am staying at my friends room.

Now what I would like to know from you is can I stay separately from my wife and what are the consequences that I have to face.

Quick response is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

You idiot, go to your wife, this is the time you have to be with your wife.  Its not necessary that you too act as a nut for your wife is acting as one, she acting as nut coz of post partum issues which are common in every woman,

Struggler (Senior technical associate)     22 January 2015

Thank you Mr. Helping hand but make sure that your reply don't put the needy into new trouble and also don't give suggestions by being in your shoes try to come my position and see will you be responsible if some thing happens to me.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     28 January 2015

mr helping hand is correct in one way - as per your statement ur wife was ok till she went for delivery to her mothers house..if thats true she might be affected by post partum disorder..convince and take her to a psychiatrist..

suppose she is not affected by that disorder then

dont worry even if they file a 498 a case because all through india it has very low conviction rate which means almost 90% of the cases are false..to be on the safer side apply for anticipatory bail from the court for you and your parents so that police cant arrest you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register