Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marc K (Business Developer)     02 January 2015

Succession certificate required for property sale

Hello All,

My Father (who expired in 2011) owned land in my native town (in Tamilnadu) which I intend to sell off and deposit the proceeds in my mother's account. We stay in Mumbai & parents settled here (Mumbai) 40 yrs back.

However, on checking with the Village Registrar they said that I would require a Succession certificate. I've got the following questions:

1) Is the certificate mandatory? Can we sell the land with other documents like death certificate etc?

2) If the certificate is necessary, what is the procedure? Can we get the certificate in TN (Vilatikulam)?

Regards,

Manoj.

Learning

2 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     02 January 2015

Go to the tahsildar office or any other such authority in the particular district of tamilnadu, apply for legal heir certificate and submit. that shows that you are all survivors of your father. You can do it in mumbai as well, if possible. just check it out.

D.Srivenkateswara rao (DEPUTY TAHSILDAR)     15 January 2015

generally a family members certificate will be issued by tahsildar which includes proper person certificate to receive government dues to the expired person if he was a government employee. for others it has no validity unless such succession certificate is issued by a civil court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register