LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Query about refridgerator part unavailability

Dear Experts, In 2009 we purchased a refridgerator from Samsung. 3 Weeks ago, my fridge stopped cooling. Samsung technichians informed me that the problem is in PCB and the company has stopped manufacture of products of the model. I was advised to purchase a new fridge as a solution for my complaint. Im facing a problem in the absence of the fridge and theres no response from Samsung. I always purchase Samsung products.After this experience decide not to go for it. A company usually makes the spare parts available till 15 years. I want Samsung to compensate me for the product with its market value. Please advice how to proceed. Please help with your advice, experts. Rgds, Zoya.

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 December 2014

Within guarantee period, it can be replaced. Exceeds the guaratee period, replace the model and buy new one. 

s.subramanian (senior partner)     20 December 2014

Yes. I endorse the view of Mr.Ramachary. You have to go in for a new model only. No other options.

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     20 December 2014

It is not mandatory for the company to manufacture parts for 15 years. If the fridge is not in warranty period then,  legally you cannot do anything. 

(Guest)
Thank you experts fr your advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register