LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Please advice for car damage

Hi Experts, A day before Diwali when my brother was coming home, the kids in a guys car opened their car door. Due to which our car and theirs got damaged.our front left side door is damaged. The other guy called police claiming our fault and then agreed for compromise. Our damage was high cost wise.It was decided he will repair our car and my brother his car. After a week he came with the car and on verbal confirmation that he will pay for my brothers car repair his car was repaired.Now at the time of payment he backed off saying that he will not pay. We asked him to pay for his repairs and take his vehicle.He said he will pay upto 10/15 K to police and get the car. From the beginning hes not responding to our calls,SMS, his cell is also switched off. - Even police said it was his fault and our car got damaged due to his fault. - We are not sure if he loged a complaint (we didnot receive any copy of FIR or call from PS anytime). - His car is not insured (its purchased 3-6 months ago). - we cant keep the car in workshop as fear theft. Do we need to file a complaint? Please advice how to proceed. Please respond experts. Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Correction in d query. The other guys car is more than two years old

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register