Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Jha (CPSU Employee)     24 October 2014

Denial of promotion - information under rti act

Dear Sir,

I was denied promotion by my company (a CPSU) without communication of any adverse remarks or reasons.

I demanded following information under the RTI Act for which I received following replies / Information.

Sr. No.

Information demanded under RTI

Reply/ Information  received

Full copies of Annual Appraisal Reports/ Annual Confidential Reports/ Performance Appraisal Reports of the undersigned for the last Five Years.

Information Provided

Full copies of reports/ recommendations of Departmental Promotion Committees (DPC) in which the undersigned was considered for promotion from S1 to S3, S3 to E2 and E2 to E2A levels.

Information Denied

Reason: The information as sought by you is personal in nature (DPC Members) and is denied u/s 8(1)(j) of Right to Information Act.

Full copy of all Rules, Regulation, Office Orders and Circulars applicable for promotion of executives from E2 to E2A level.

Information Provided

Specific grounds/ reasons for denial/ rejection of promotion to the undersigned for promotion to E2 to E2A level.

Information Denied

Reason: The information as sought by you does not fall in the definition of Information as it occurs in Section 2 (f)  of Right to Information Act.

May kindly advise (citing the latest CIC/ Court Decisions) whether grounds denial of Information under Sr. No. 2 and Sr. No. 4 above are good in law and whether they can be contested with the appellate authority,.

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 October 2014

already replied at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Denial-of-Promotion-Information-sought-under-RTI-Act-503741.asp#.VE-NameO5G0

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register