Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Sharma (Asst Engineer)     23 November 2009

Resign in Notice Period

Dear sir,

I am employed in construction company from last One year and six month as Asst. Engineer.

Now i resgined from my job, in our company we have three month notice period, i gave notice period only one month, i have to pay for two month to company, but they are asking me to pay CTC of two month, as it is not mention in our HR policy.

There any rule by govt. of India pertaining to this.

Learning

4 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     23 November 2009

The wages as defined under the Industries Disputes Act or Payment of Wages Act does not include and/or never intended to include the CTC. Hence no employer can demand CTC base. Hence you can deposit your salary (basic, excluding any other allowances by way of cheque/DD and resign.

Vasudevan

Dinesh Sharma (Asst Engineer)     23 November 2009

Dear sir,

Thank you for your reply.

Suresh CSLLM (Service)     28 November 2009

Dear Mr. Vasudevan

Suppos, it is clealry mentioned in 'Appointment letter' Or 'HR Policy'? what would be consequences?

Suresh
Cs, LL.m

Theja (Lawyer)     04 December 2009

If anything so detrimental to the intetrests of the employee is mentioned in the Appointment Letter or Employment Contract or HR policy then the related Legislation (which may be Payment Wages Act or the Minimum Wages Act) shall prevail over the other. Such policy or contract or letter shall comply with the governing laws.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register