Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ruchita (Marketing)     01 October 2014

Kept my educational certificate against subsidy loan in bank

Hi Experts!!!

This is Ruchita from Vijayawada. I am serious problem and need sincere help. 3 ys back my brother started a business for which he applied for a bank loan – subsidy loan for which he had kept my certificate forcefully and after which he had a huge loss and could not return the back money. Now, as I am recently married my husband got to know about my certificate and is very serious about the same. I am doubting that there is big chance that if I am not going to bring back my educational certificate (both 12th and Graduation) he is going for serious terms.

I don’t know how to get back my certificates from the bank. Can anyone tell me as how to proceed with this. Is there any chances that I can get my certificate back or what are the different ways that I can proceed to get my certificate back.

Please help me!!! :(

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2014

Your educational certificates are your property.

These are not an item that bank shall keep as collateral and nor bank can!

If you do not have any acknowledgment from bank then first of all mange to record (audio/visual/thru witness) an admission from bank that they have your educational certificates in their custody.

With help of elders/eminent persons try to pursue and convince and get your certificates............................however record all meetings................................if reqd. approach circle head/Nodal Officer/MD/Chairman/RBI or approach your lawyer/police etc you can obtain your certificates back from bank.

Hardeep (Business)     01 October 2014

I think your husband is more concerned about you being called to pay up for your brother's default. Do you have any idea what papers you signed with the Bank. For all you know the loan could be on your name - or you could be a co- applicant !

There is generally no reason for your certificates to be kept by the Bank - get the facts first and then ask for advise.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2014

Please chck the facts whether you are co applicant or guarantor of laon. without proper facts no usefl advise canbe expected.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2014

Further, whether this is a Govt Bank?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register