LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAYAN THAKORE (PROCESS CONSULTANT)     07 September 2014

Tender information to society members for its redevelopment

I am having a flat in a residential society constructed in 1984-85, at Lokhandwala complex in Andheri (W), Mumbai. The built up area of the flat is 400 sq ft and I am an original member having purchased the flat from the builder in 1985. Now the society is going for redevelopment and I have the following queries.

(a) the redevelopment committee members have shortlisted 3 builders after inviting tenders from 10 builders. I am asking the committee to show me the tenders for my knowledge and information but they are not showing it to me.

My query is as a member u/s 79A of the MCS ACT & Rules 1960 for Redevelop. am I eligible to see the tenders. If they do not show the tenders is there a legal option for me.

I asked several questions which are given below at the general body meeting regarding the tenders

(b) Bank guarantee to be given by the developer and its duration

(c) plot to remain in society's name

(d) provision for grace period

(e) penalty charges for delay

(f) Time period to start project from date of development agreement

(g) Project completion period from date of commencement certificate.

All these questions were written down and given to the redevelopment committee. They are not giving me answers, not showing me the tender and just telling not to worry as they have taken care of it.

DO I have any legal remedy if they do not show the information

Please inform and also advise me the name of the appropriate authority to approach

Thanks & Regards

Nayan Thakore

email: nayanthakore@rediffmail.com 

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 September 2014

You can obtain the information from the registrar of socieites by applying rti act. Browse the website www.onlinerti.org.

NAYAN THAKORE (PROCESS CONSULTANT)     07 September 2014

Ramchary sir

I very much appreciate your reply. Thanks for the same. I will contact you through e mail if I face any difficulties

Thanks and regards

Nayan

seniorcitizen (i/c)     08 September 2014

Sir,

Please refer "Redevelopment directives of Maharashtra Government for Co-Operative Housing Societies" dated 03/01/2009, it will resolve all your queries and solve all your problems regarding redevelopment.

A copy is attached for your ready reference.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Attached File : 587718177 redevelopment directive of maharashtra co-operative housing society (notification) dt. 3.1.09.pdf downloaded: 111 times

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 September 2014

If what you report is true the Managing Committee of your Society is not following the Maharashtra Government order. Whether the Government order or not you have all the rights which you have claimed. You can file a complaint before the Deputy Registrar of your Ward at Malhotra Building. Fast action is important to ensure that the project does not progress to a stage of no return. You may have to apply to court for an immediate stay order on the project until the dispute is resolved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register