LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed (Engineer)     05 September 2014

Put restrictions on my in-laws.

I am married since 11 years, and since one year after the marriage, my mother in-law and my 4 brother in-laws are involved in my happily married life. Almost all the time they teach my wife new tips and tricks to start a fight with me, which leads to huge. But since last year it is more to "break table and chair on each other". My in-laws always tell my wife to leave me and come back home as they will take care of her. I have 3 daughters, which she do not want to take with her (thank god). My family consist of me, wife, 3 kids and my father.

My father lives in a flat below mine. He has his own maid to cook and clean house for him, because my wife do not like to do. In spite of living separately, my wife is not happy with me. My kids are always willing that she never comes back if she is gone. I have given her best of luxuries.

Few days back she harassed me saying that she will drag me and my father to Mahila Mandal and make us suffer. Even she wanted my blood sister to suffer.

Now comes the main question. How do i protect my father, sister and myself ? I heard police comes and without any question they take to police station and put behind lockup. My father is aged person with hip joint problems. In this age if his i do no not want him to suffer. One of my friend suggested me to file a complaint in Women Cell before she does any thing. This sick women left home alone w/o kids for 3 times and came back in 3 to 4 days.

Please guide me to the correct path. Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 September 2014

1. In India when metro wives club have been blessed with dozens of women centric laws then it becomes easy for her to file a criminal case and the same cannot be avoided or forecasted date/time/month/ year wise as in when she will file and whom all in your side of family she is going to claim as abuser / accused persons. Hence awareness of women Laws is only thing that you are supposed to learn by reading such discussions here in Family LAw forum as well as Criminal Law forum.

2. Also refer to most recent Hon'ble SC directions given to all State's on no arrest in S. 498a IPC criminal cases whose detailed discussion I did some months back with readers of this forum. Search for its detailed judgment I placed in the referred discussion and read it down to understand protection available for the time being to you and to your ailing father - sister and et al.

3.  Ideal way out could be to seek help of neutral family - relative mediators to diffuse the acrimonious relationship that you share with your wife for long term harmony or amicable parting ways (divorce r/w mehr,  child custody agreement). 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register