Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dinabandhu (Senior non comission officer)     22 August 2014

Mutation of land

Sir,

i purchased land from property dealer through mediator on 2010.Mediator took the responsibility of mutation of land.I have registration paper.But till yet mutation has been not done. I am staying outside bhubaneswar and could not progress with this matter.Q no-1.-what problem i will face to mutation of that land now. Q No.2-can i hire a lawyer to do that job if yes reccommend a lawyer in bhubaneswar.

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     22 August 2014

you have to file for mutation and it will take atleast 35 days to decide ,as 35 days is a period to make objection if any body is against this mutation .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 August 2014

An application to the tahsildar on a plain paper, along with a non-judicial stamp of relevant value, has to be made.

Details to be furnished with application:

>> Area in which the right has been acquired

>> Descripttion of the right acquired

>> Name, parent's name, and address of the person from whom the right has been acquired

>> Manner in which the right has been acquired

>> Name, parent's name, and address of the person who has acquired the right

>> Date on which the right was acquired

>> Copy of document on the basis of which the mutation is sought - sale deed, Will etc

A proclamation is issued inviting objections to the proposed mutation and specifying the date, not less than 15 days from the date of the proclamation, up to which any objection to the mutation will be entertained. The Patwari submits his report in the prescribed format. The statements of the parties are recorded. The contents of the documents are matched with the recorded statements. In case no objections against the proposed mutation are received, it is sanctioned.

Any party aggrieved by an order of mutation can file an appeal before the Additional Collector (or the Deputy Commissioner) concerned within 30 days of the order.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 August 2014

It may depend from state to state.  Normally a prescribed application has to be made, and some Corporations charge mutation charges, and even penalty for delaying mutation from date of Prescribed period after sale.  The formalities are very less, and one can attend his works personally or just file RTI Application before PIO of Concerned Public Authority seeking for  copy of procedure for mutating the property.  Depending on procedure, you can decide, and it can even be done by post.  But ensure possession.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 August 2014

The mutation of land and related revenue records depends on the local rules of the state to which one belongs to. Better approach the jurisdictional revenue/tahsildar office, get to know the procedures about it, comply withe formalities on your own and be free about it. The procedures have been simplified is almost all the states across the country with the inceptions of computerised working system, hence you will find the procedures very easy to be complied with.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register