LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jasvinder (employee)     21 August 2014

court marriage

Dear readers Thanks for creating such a wonderful medium to discuss queries related to day to day problems that we have at hand. i wish to do a court marriageunder the special marriage act. i am a sikh by religion while girl is a muslim. i wish to understand 1 how much time it takes on a minimum side.and is there a way to expedite the process 2i understand that in delhi courts are not supposed to send d notices to parents concerned. is it strictly adhered to? because i suspect harassment by the relatives if notices were sent. what is the normal practice 3what is the total expense and whether it is a good idea to hire a lawyer for the process or do on its own Thanks for tour help

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     21 August 2014

1, better hire a lawyer for you. 2 you have to give an application for your marriage to the marriage officer ,he will affix your marriage application in the notice board and also maintain the same in the marriage book 3. 30 days will be given for raising any objection regarding this marriage 4 no notices will send to the residence of the boy and the girl.

jasvinder (employee)     22 August 2014

Why should a lawyer be hired

jasvinder (employee)     24 August 2014

Can someone share why a laeyer should be hired

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register