Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal (Trainee)     31 July 2014

Rights over personal property

Hi,

We are facing a certain situation regarding the Rights over property made out through income earned through family business. 

My father is into a family business along with his two brothers, the business was started by my grandfather and now its a partnership firm through which all three partners withdraw fixed amount of salary each month. Over the past years my dad is into this business and he made his living out of it and savings also. Using these savings my dad purchased a flat of his own and on his own name. The situation which we are facing now is that, other partners are claiming there right on that property stating that it was made out of the income of my grandfather hence they also have the right to claim there share from that property.

My question is that is this a valid claim can someone claim this kind of right over a personal property. If yes, then what is way to move out of it ? It will be great if someone can help me with this. 

Thank you

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 August 2014

If what you have stated is a , the other partners cannot claim any right to a share in your father's self acquire property.  Let them proceed to the court and prove  it with evidence that this property was purchased out of the profits of the partnership business. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register