Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreedhar (proprietor)     29 July 2014

How to obtain legal heir certificate

Dear Sir/ Madam

Can anybody give me the process to obtain legal heir certificate at Tadepallegudem, Andhrapradesh.

I work in the US and have 2 elder sisters staying in Vizag & Vijayawada. My father was a retired private employee and does not get any pension and had expired a couple of months back. 

Now i want to apply to get the legal heir certificate. Since i am working in the US can one of my sisters apply the legal heir certificate, what are the documents required and how many days does it take to get the certificate.

Can they apply at Vizag or Vijayawada or should they apply at Tadepallegudem only and which office.

Pls give the formats of application / affidavits if any.

Kindly guide me with the process.

Thanks in Advance

Rgds

Sreedhar

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 July 2014

The legal heir may apply for 'Legal Heir' Certificate in local Sub-Registrar/Tehsildar Office and SRO shall depute Patwari to make inquiry and later the certificate is issued.

Any local lawyer dealing in such/revenue  matters can help you.

DEVENDRA KUMAR JAIN (ADVOCATE and NOTARY PUBLIC)     29 July 2014

Contact me @ advocatejain@ymail.com

Shyam praveen (practice)     30 July 2014

Earlier there was a facility to obtain the Legal Heir Certificate from the MRO Office. But these days, MRO OFFICE STOPPED ISSUING THESE CERTIFICATES .They are advising people to get the Legal Heir Certificate to get from the court citing issuance of some "GO"(Government Order). The process will take a minimum of 6 months.contact an advocate at TPGudem. The court fee depends on whether you are asking on movables (like FD s or monetary aspects) or immovables (like property).

Good Luck . . .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register