Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sampath (S.Mgr)     26 June 2014

Legal heir certificate

Respected Lawyers

I need a suggestion... This is regarding family land dispute. My Mom has two brothers living in Tamil Nadu. My grandfather had a prime land of 1 acre and it is an ancestral property i.e. great grandfather. After my grandfather/grandmother expired, there is a concern raised within the family to divide the property. Now, my uncles are claiming that they already divide the property without my mom attention. We have Death Certificate of my grandfather. My grandfather expired 6 years back.

How can we obtain Legal heir certificate?

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Learning

5 Replies

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     27 June 2014

Make a simple application along with a copy of death certificate to the concerned Tahsildar to issue legal heir certificate.

Sampath (S.Mgr)     27 June 2014

Thanks for prompt response!!

We have checked with Thasildar office but they need to submit Xerox copy of Ration card for all legal heirs (I mean including my uncles)… Since we don’t have good rapport with my uncles we couldn’t get the copy of ration card…

Only source we have is Education certificate of my mom… Please clarify.

Lawyer SALEEMA (Advocate Madras High Court & Legal Consultant Chennai Law in Law Firm. +91-9698884779)     27 June 2014

@ Mr. Sampath. Welcome.

You just apply with available documents. The Tahsildar can issue the legal heir certificate after enquiry by making field verification either directly or through his subordinate officers. It is a part of their official duty.

Dipakkumar J Shah (Proprietor)     28 June 2014

Are you related to Hon. Justice Altamas Kabeer? I have good respect to him. Legal heir certificate depends on state to state. Proper would be too lengthy and expensive from Courts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register