Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bade srinivasa reddy (ASE)     01 June 2014

Legal heir certificate for non-government employees in ap

Hi officials,

I am the younger of the 4 children in our family where all my sisters are married. My father(private employee) passed away in 2011.He didn't wrote any will about our house which is in name of him. In 2013, our sisters have agreed and signed the bond stating that they are releasing their right on property. In 2014, I applied for education loan to study in US where bank officials asked us to provide legal heirs certificate for the collateral property.

My Question is how to get legal heirs certificate for non-Government employees in AP since it is not issued by MRO. If it has to be issued by Local court , what is the process and time it will take to get that document.

Please help..

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     01 June 2014

You will get your legal heir certificate from the tehsil of your area , for that you have to file an application stating that your father had expired on such and such date you , your mother if alive , name age address marital status of all your three sister and submit it in the tehsildars/sdm office of your area , attach death certificate of your father, address proof, affidavit with the application, patwari / field officer will submit his report to the tehsildar and then on the basis of his report he will issue you legal heir certificate to you , this process will take 40 days .

bade srinivasa reddy (ASE)     01 June 2014

Bank officials said that family member certificate issued by revenue authorities is not accepted. They asked to get legal heir certificate from court stating that no other family/person has any right on the said property. I heard it like we have to first give an advertisement in news paper and wait for few days. Can you elaborate on this process?? Sorry If i said any thing wrong 

Rangee (Lawyer)     18 July 2014

Mr. Reddy,

You and Bank officials are right. Pls engage the services of good lawyer and file papers before Local Court and making your sisters as parties. The Court will hear and after no objections from your sisters and other possible legal heirs as well as news paper publication decree will be passed confirming that you are the legal heir for the property of your father. Alternatively you may approach Reveneu Department with consent letter of your sisters, and obtain mutation and change of Katha of property in your name. The Bank will accept this mutation effected in your name. It is easier and less cumbersome then court proceedings.Please verify this with your local lawyer.

Yours 

Rsksisngh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register