Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kevti (HR Officer)     22 April 2014

Never got a divorce decree copy from court, now want it!!

Hi Guys,

I am struggling to get my mother's passport application accepted. Here is the story:

I am an Indian & recently moved to Australia after getting married. My mother is a divorcee & it happened in the year 1988 or 1989 in Surat, Gujarat. Now we dont have any documents relating to the Divorce Decree. I am not even sure if the decree was issued because my mom doesnt remember it now. 

I applied for my mom's passport application & it was rejected since they need the original copy of Divorce Decree to verify.

I approached the same court a month ago through a lawyer & he denies any help as he needs the Judgement date to issue the Divorce Decree. I only have my Mom's case number but not the judgement date.

Can anyone help me with nay ways to get the Divorce Decree?

Any help will be highl;y appreciated.

Regards,

I just wanted to know any ways to get  

Learning

3 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     22 April 2014

IF YOU HAVE NUMBER OF THE MATTER/DIVORCE PETITION, THEN YOU HAVE TO SEARCH IT FROM THE RECORD OF THE CONCERN COURT BY TAKING SEARCH IN REGISTER MAINTAIN BY THEM.

Thereafter you can get the exact position of your matter. Take help of any clerk working with advocate in that court and find out.

If your case number is correct then there is no difficulty, you get the copy of the judgement and decree.. if not disposed or distroy by the court.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     22 April 2014

rightly advised.

(Guest)

Dear Kevti,

If you have the case number, it also has the year with the case number such as 487/2013.  If you have then there is no hurdle in getting the copy of divorce degree.  Any one can get the copy of decree of a decided case through filing a form for "Nakal"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register