LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sangeetha (CA article student)     17 April 2014

Birth certificate name spelling incorrect

My name in birth cerificate registered at kolkata municipal corporation is as "SANGEETA".

Whereas it is "SANGEETHA" in all other certificates including my 10th class certificate.Right now i m a resident of hyderabad.

I want to continue with my name as "SANGEETHA" itself.

Can anyone suggest me as to how i get my name changed in my birth certificate as it would a problem to me in my future.And most importantly i m a major now.

Please reply soon.

Learning

4 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 April 2014

if you have already got ration card, voted id etc...with original name i.e. "SANGEETHA"  you shall execut an affidavit on nonjudicial stamp that your name is SANGEETHA d/o........ But it was wrongly noted in Birth certificate as "SANGEETA " instead 'SANGEETHA"  AND both names belongs to one and the same person and hence this affidavit" and get it be notarised by a Notary of your area. Still if any problem, your parents may also give affidavit regarding your real name and get this also be notarised.  This is for information only.

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     17 April 2014

file application for correction in name in kolkata municipal corporation.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     17 April 2014

as said above you can do but

1. you have to apply in kolkata municipal office where it was issued

2, if the wrong is from authorities then they will rectify the mistake through a normal letter but wrong is from your end then this affidavit is useful because at the time of applying for birth certificate parents will give the written on the application 

3. but if you want to change the name now then it is a long process not through affidavit alone will work even paper publication and gazette has to be notified 

4. and there is slite difference from one state to another state about correction of name so when you visit kolkata this time check the formalities 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 April 2014

from where the error crept in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register