LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sparshita (Student)     31 March 2014

Loss of original name change affidavit

My name was changed from Shuchismita Nag to Sparsh*ta Nag on 17th July, 2002 at the age of 13 years in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The original affidavit was submitted with the administrative office of my school on the basis of which my previous name was altered for my new name in their records. I have attested photocopies of the original affidavit and the original newspaper cuttings with me. My CBSE registration was done with my new name. I submitted Annexure E for name change with my passport application and the police verification was duly done. All my official documents (Admit cards, Mark sheets of X and XII, of MBBS, my driving license, PAN card, Passport etc.) bear my new name except for my birth certificate.

Presently, I need to apply for a UK student Visa where I need to show the sources of my funding for my future course of study. I will be showing the funds of an account jointly held by me and my father. To prove the relation between me and my father, they may require my original birth certificate or a notarized copy. However, since my birth certificate has my old name, I would be expected to produce the original name change affidavit as well. On inquiring with my school office, they could not find my document in their records. In other words, my name change affidavit is lost.

My queries are:-

1) Is it possible to obtain a notarized copy of my name change affidavit if I present the attested photocopies of my affidavit and the original paper cuttings before the Notary?

2) We now stay in Kolkata. Can I request the above notarization at a local court or do I have to go to Jaipur to get this job done?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register