Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sk   29 September 2019

father's property

hello sir,
I am the only daughter of my parents and we live in city and our land is in our home town which rural plcc. my father has 1brother and 2 sisters and every one has there share already.
we have given our agricultural land for production purpose to my father's cousin who lives in the same town. Even though this agricultural land is on only my father's name,is there any possibility any of my father's relative can demand for lands share in future.... what other thing we can do to secure our land.

Learning

10 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     30 September 2019

You did not mentioned which place?

However there is a law in many states that if the person farming on the land gets his name recorded as so then certainly he can claimhis right of tenancy .

There are laws as Land to tiller ;many things come into playing; 

You should be very viggilliant. You need to chek regularly the revenue documents,besides you should not give him crop but pay him as labour charges for his work, and whenever you pay him make a proper receipt showing that you paid for labours and can give him amangeral cahrges as an employee not as a tiller or farmer.

You did not mentioned which place?

However there is a law in many states that if the person farming on the land gets his name recorded as so then certainly he can claimhis right of tenancy .

There are laws as Land to tiller ;many things come into playing; 

You should be very viggilliant. You need to chek regularly the revenue documents,besides you should not give him crop but pay him as labour charges for his work, and whenever you pay him make a proper receipt showing that you paid for labours and can give him amangeral cahrges as an employee not as a tiller or farmer.

Sk   30 September 2019

we live in Maharashtra and our land is also in Maharashtra...and even though my father pays all bills relay to land....can he still claim. bcuz my father is elderly person and he has no good relations my uncle...so we are really afraid of this situation...what should we do

It is better to handle your own land.it is certain that when your father is not alive he will throw you out. If you cannot handle the land it is better to sell it and purchase somewhere else. Don't let your uncle or cousins to till or perform on land. Just instead handle vy your self...

manoj   30 September 2019

They cannot demand for any share in the said property.  When once the said property was obtained to your father from partition, it will  be his self acquired prroperty. you better take lease deed from your cousin to avoid future with legal disputes.

V E MANOJ KUMAR 

ADVOCATE 

CELL NO 8686159292

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 September 2019

Or obtain a gift deed from your father for the property and mutate the same in your name in Revenue records as you are his legal heir and in the gift, deed incorporate the mother's interest if any during her lifetime.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     30 September 2019

Dear Sk,

You can sale out the land if you or your fahter is not capable to look after or maintain land. Otherwise there are always chances that your uncle may claim some rights in your land.

Regards,

Sk   30 September 2019

my father is a stubborn man sir ....I mean really stubborn... we did everything to convince him to sell the land or atleast put our name...but he did nothing... he doesn't want to sell the land nor he wants to put my mother's name even... he doesn't listen to us... he just says that u could sell when he dies😔 that means we can't do anything. thanks u all the answer my question

CA SANKAR (PRACTING CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT )     01 October 2019

Because of sentimental and conventional attitude ,  many people land in  legal disputes.  

Any how quick action is required  in this case. 

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 October 2019

If your father is stubborn ask him at least to write a will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register