LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rock (manager)     26 November 2014

false case of marriage based on local tradition

My marriage was fixed with a girl from gujarat(whom I myself selected). I am from UP. Few gifts and envelopes were exchanged in roka function between her family and mine in april'14 and marriage was fixed in novembr'14. But one month before marriage, girl pressurised me to stay with her and her parents saying that she did not liked my family and traditions (her parents dont have a son to take care of them). Listening to this, I and my family decided not to go for marriage and conveyed the same to her family. After this, she tried all tactics of bringing me back like pleading, threatening of her suicide and filing cases. Then she sent me a notice in october stating that she is my wife and is going to file 498a, 420, 504, 506, domestic violence and dowry act. I replied to the notice that marriage is not done and hence all facts are false and girl is just doing this for money. Now she has filed dv case in november. Pls suggest me of how to prove this all wrong and mainly how to prove this marriage false. She is having 3 photos of us with garland�clicked in a room (which I thought she is taking jokingly but now i realised her purpose) few months back and is using them as a proof of marriage (pics of garland only, no mangalsutra or sindoor or agni or mandir is there in photo). Could these 3 photos of only garland and nothing else confirm a marriage? How could I nullify or prove this marriage false? What should I do to get rid of all the cases she is going to file?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register