LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishnu   14 April 2015

educational loan default

Hello sir, I am vinay from Tamil nandu, My wife took an educational loan for nursing studies by 2007 with her father as co-applicant and her mother as garantor. Interest of first 3 years is paid. For a principle amount of 300000 bank asking near about 500000 and the bank moved the matter to the court due to some irrugular due. Already we paid about 175000 and now we are ready to pay 250000. Importantly my wife is working saudi. In this case 1) applicant's father ( co-applicant) is available in India, will the court or bank force to ask the main applicant to report in India? 2) the bank manager personally threatening us that main applicant passport will be blocked? As the co-applicant and garantor available in India and ready to settle as a full amount, is there any need for the applicant to report at court. Will the court or the respective law or bank has any rights to block the applicant's passport on this case. 3) will the judge will recommend for a interest deduction? Please help, bank manager giving full stress to us. On be half of this our whole family is in an unpeaceful situation.

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

you had mentioned that you are ready to do full settlement..then nothing to worry..it will be a out of COURT settlement at the most, as balance has been paid out.

vishnu   16 April 2015

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes, I planned to pay the amount with little negotiations on interest in front of judge. But the one matter which spoils my sleep is,  Weather bank will block the applicant passport,  asking since the bank manager often threatening by that word. 

By the way the Indian law under this act has, any ways or rules to block passport on this case?.  the answer for this question will make relax until I meet the judge on 1st hearing.

Thanks 

(Guest)

no worries..that will NEVER happen. lot of people with 498a cases and red alerts being issued  are still sitting in countries like USA with their  ACTIVE passports.

just pay it out and get out of this obligation.

vishnu   16 April 2015

Thank you so much for your prompt answer. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register