LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

koram kishor (Govt. officer)     12 August 2009

display of national emblem

request to clarify the doubt - can any civil servant who has qualified UPSC CIVIL SERVICES( like IAS IPS IRAS )can display the national emblem i .e the four lions ON his car? 

i have gone through the net and found that only president ,governor , consulars etc can use

(but the civil servants are using the national emblem on visiting cards and stationary and they are permitted i suppose)

when they can use it on the stationary why not on the vehicle?

i will be thankful if any expert responds -thanking u in anticipation  

Learning

5 Replies

Shree. ( Advocate.)     15 August 2009

Dear Sir,

I suggest you to read the following act.

Attached File : 55 state emblem act2005.pdf downloaded: 1266 times

dinesh narayan (service)     10 November 2009

Oriiginally posted by :koram kishor
" request to clarify the doubt - can any civil servant who has qualified UPSC CIVIL SERVICES( like IAS IPS IRAS )can display the national emblem i .e the four lions ON his car? 
i have gone through the net and found that only president ,governor , consulars etc can use
(but the civil servants are using the national emblem on visiting cards and stationary and they are permitted i suppose)
when they can use it on the stationary why not on the vehicle?
i will be thankful if any expert responds -thanking u in anticipation  
"

Any Gazetted officer can use national emblem (Ashoka Pillar) on visiting cards and  official letters.

dinesh narayan (service)     11 November 2009

The schedule 1 ,2,and 3 of the State Emblem Of India(regulation Of Use)Act 2005(50 0f 2005 published in Gazette Of India,extraordinary,part II section 3 sub section1 dated 4th Oct 2007,clearly specifies who can use  state emblem on  cars, and who can use state emblem on letter heads and visiting cards.

According to that ,any Gazetted Officer can use state emblem on letter heads used for official purpose and on visiting cards for" legitimate representational purpose"

please post me more information if any one has

Dinesh Narayan

akash (mech. engineer)     03 March 2011

can you please explain meaning of  " legitimate representational purpose"

Vishwa (translator)     10 March 2011

I have this crooked lawyer from the High Court. He used to be government lawyer and he had this visiting card with the four lion emblem embossed in gold. Subsequently, he was sacked because to corrupt practices. But even several years after being sacked he continues using this emblem on his visiting card, obviously for the purpose of impressing his private clients. He is also having this emblem on gold and red in front of his private car. How can suitable action be taken against him?

Thanks in advance

Vishwa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register