LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gavisiddu (sales executive)     21 August 2009

different caste in TC and Tahsildar

Hi I am Gavisiddu from Bangalore. In my TC i have caste Hindu lingayat belongs to 3B where my subcaste was not mentioned, But now i have taken corrected caste certificate from Tahsildar which is Hindu Ganiga belongs to 2A. Now I am applying to Government jobs on the basis of 2A. Does it make any problem in future

Learning

7 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     22 August 2009

Tahsildar is the authority competent to fix and issue the community certificate.The community mentioned in the tahsildar certificate iwill be taken as correct and authenticated.

1 Like

Punith Kumar B (Student)     04 December 2009

Hello all.....

I have similar problem as Gavisiddu......I belong to Lingayat Ganiga which is recognised as NON CREAMY  LAYER OBC by Central Government........but my TC just mentions about  the caste (ie Lingayat), which is not a NC-OBC.......

If I get a caste certificate stating that i belong to Lingayat Ganiga from Tahsildar....should I even make changes in my TC(ie to add subcaste)....I am applying for my higher education through NC-OBC......So please show me light......awaiting your response............

Thank  you....

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     05 December 2009

Mr.Punith Kumar,if you belong to the OBC ,you can apply for issue of the certificate with all the evidences,ie the certificates issued to your relatives as OBC or those of your parents or family members. You can also submit proof by statements obtained from the community people to establish your calim. After verification certificate will be issued.There is no need to alter or change the TC for this purpose.

the authorities ,if

tejaswini (student)     20 February 2012

dear sir/madam,

i am facing the similar problem, in my school records, my parents have given Hindu Lingayath, they have not added the sub caste. Now my subcaste is under the central list of backward classes. the thasildhar asked me to get the the tc of my parents, in there records also it is Hindu Lingayath, no mention of sub caste...

now in what other ways can i prove my sub caste to the thasildhar so has to avail the benefit...

regards,

tejaswini

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     20 February 2012

You can file affidavit besides statements from the elders of your community so as to establish your sub caste.Evidences from documents,certificates,school records to that effect will also be produced as evicence.

subramanya (ACCOUNTANT)     29 June 2012

SIR I AM NEW TO THIS ESTEEM FORUM AND I AM VERY MUCH EXPECTING GUIDELINES FROM YOU ALL RESPECTED ADVICERS AND EXPERTS.

Sir My self is Subramanya from Karnataka and my family consisting of 7 members, i am the elder son and I have 3 brothers and 1 sister.

We are belonging to uppara caste and my father and mother both are illytrete , and my father knows litle much kannada  reading and writing.

At time of joing me to school , my father admitted to me to 1st standard with correct caste of Uppara and after completing of 1st standard, I had been shifted to another school for 2nd standard and caste name have been changed to Kuruba on the guidance of his illitrate freinds from the native town.

There after all my brothers and sisters had been admitted to schools with the caste name "Kuruba"

And last my brother is Now studying in 7th standard and his school TC Carrying correct Caste "UPPARA"

Now we are all completed education from regular course and through coresspondence cource under GENERAL MERIT  and we all have not claimed "KURUBA" caste benifit any where  and no one in our family is governament employee.

Now I wish to apply for correction of caste in School TC of myself and my brothers and sisters.

Please suggest me what to do and what is the proceedure?. I am expecting your valuable suggestion and guidance.

Yours faithfully,

Subramanya

priyanka (student)     03 September 2013

sir,i completed my diploma.i need to know a small information.my caste is OC and in my transfer certificate instead of my caste, sub-caste has been mentioned.will be there any problem in the future if sub-caste is mentioned instead of caste?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register