LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nitin kohli   04 August 2015

difference between mutations agricultural and municipal Corp

What is difference between agricultural mutation and municipal corporation mutation...as my grandparents bought a property in 1971 registry was done but mutation with municipal corporation was not done..as land comes under municipal corporation does it takes away the ownership rights from us...i have read on internet that mutation with municipal corporation is just for payment of property taxes it does not state the.title of ownership

Learning

4 Replies

DR. DIMPLE JINDAL (ADV.) (Advocate)     04 August 2015

Mutation with municipal committee is necessary. Mutation means change of ownership. Registry is just a transaction. Ownership changes after mutation only. If your grandfather have purchased some property in 1971, then it should be entered in municipal records immediately. Otherwise, the seller, on whose name original jamabandi stands before and after the said sale transaction, can sell fraudulently to some other person. Because municipal records shows him still owner of the property. So it is a clear concept that ownership does not automatically changes after the registry, it changes after the necessary application made by the buyer for the necessary changes. You should now do the follows firstly. Take the latest Ts1 record, which we also says land record for the said property from the municipal committee. This will shows the name of owners of the property. If the persons, who are sellers at the time of sale made to your grandfather are still shown by them as owners, then apply for the necessary changes of ownership (showing original Sale deed). The authority person can harass to you to make mutation belonging to such long time back sale deed, but it is not impossible. If still they are not ready to make the changes, then you have to contact to the magistrate for the desired mutation. At last, there is no doubt that registry is a good proof of ownership, but it must be entered in records. Otherwise it will be very difficult to find out the real owner of any property. So mutation is not only for taxation purpose, it is assumed as the current owner of the property.

Thanks for ur reply

One more query mam,my grandfather has now transferred that property to my father as gift deed..and then we went for mutation of the same and then we came to know that property is still on the name of the previous owner...so they are telling that they might need to publish this in the newspaper about the document...so that there is no fraudulent selling done by the previous.owner...can it create any problem can previvious owner create any problem

And we are.using this land commercially for our business from 1980 and electricity bills comes by my fathers namefrom 1980

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register