LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMESH KUMAR VERMA (pursuing company secretary course)     15 February 2011

dgft public notice:Amendment in paragraph 4.24A related to A

(To be published in The Gazette of India Extraordinary Part-I-Section-1)

Government of India

Ministry of Commerce & Industry

Department of Commerce

Directorate General of Foreign Trade

Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi -110 011

Public Notice No.  30 /2009-2014 (RE- 2010)

The    14th  February, 2011

Subject: Amendment in paragraph 4.24A related to Advance Authorisation for Annual Requirement in HBP v1.

In exercise of the powers conferred under Paragraph 2.4 of the Foreign Trade Policy, 2009-14, following amendments are being made in the Handbook of Procedures, Vol. 1, 2009-2014(RE 2010).

1.   Amendment of clause at Sl. No. (i) of paragraph 4.24A of HBP v1:

Earlier clause:

(i)  “RA while issuing Authorisation shall mention technical characteristics, quality and specifications in respect of following inputs:- 

…………………………………………………………”      

Amended clause:

(i) “At the time of clearance of the import consignment against the authorisation, exporter shall mention technical characteristics, quality and specifications which shall be endorsed in  the Bill of Entry / invoice, duly attested by the Customs authority, in respect of following inputs:

…………………………………………………………”

Effect of this amendment:  

By this amendment, exporter shall have the flexibility to import the relevant input(s), without the need to approach the Regional authority of DGFT to amend the authorisation, for clearance of such consignment. Inputs mentioned in clause at Sl. No. (i) of paragraph 4.24A of HBP v1 remain the same.

2.      Amendment in the 1st sentence of the clause at Sl. No. (iii) of paragraph 4.24A of HBP, v1:

Earlier clause:

(iii)  “Within eligible entitlement, an exporter may apply for one or more than one authorisations in a licensing year, subject to condition that against one Port of registration, only one authorisation can be issued for same product group.” 

Amended clause:

(iii) “Within eligible entitlement, an exporter may apply for one or more than one authorisation in a licensing year, subject to the condition that against one Port of registration, not more than five authorisations can be issued for same product group.”

Effect of this amendment: 

This facility shall enable the exporter to avail upto 5 Advance Authorisations for Annual requirement, per port of import, per product group. Earlier the exporters were permitted only one Authorisation per port of import, per product group.

Sd/-

(Anup K. Pujari)

Director General of Foreign Trade

E-mail: dgft@nic.in

(F. No. 01/94/180/Sectoral Review-Chapter 4/AM11/PC-4)

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register