Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

singh (employee)     20 February 2014

Plz save my married life..

Writing in short…

I work out of India my house, family all are in India I found a girl profile in India in a matrimonial site…

everything went in right way…

second day of marriage she started turning herself in uncluttered manner, I m not the mad, I m educated, you are poor, I m from rich family etc. etc. we were shocked… we tried to managed the things…

she requested me to drop her  in mom house… after two days her mom, brother came to my house and stared misbehaving with me physically attacked too

“I asked what happened what’s the issue”

Suddenly they called to 100 same time they started collecting the goods to go… police came they started saying I am torching to their daughter… “ I am completely shocked ” … I was alone in home… I requested the police officers let my parents come let us have at least some discussion… my parents brother in law all arrived… they refused to talk to them even… finally we demanded the police not to allow them collecting the goods unless they give us in written… police took us to police station… senior police officers shouted on my in-laws how dare you guys doing with your son in-law, if you have any complaint come to us we will take action… then my wife gave a statement in written in police station that I am torching her and due to (Apsi Maan Muttav) I am going and taking all my goods in her custody…

we all came back to our house…

we tried to interact with them in very humble way to know what exactly they want… because my visa was getting expire… I had to come back to work… no response from them… after one week a notice arrived to us from CAW… I was out of India my mom informed me…

my relative went to CAW on notice date…

my wife and in-laws gave statement girl will not leave with the boy… girl said to me on phone I want Divorce… they totally destroyed family and me with this statement…

Present situation is they gave us a long expanses list through CAW to return them the money… Furniture cash money, beauty parole cash money, catering cash, etc.

Now we have to reply in written….

What Should We Do Now???

Q.1. Is this just a question of giving money back?

Q.2. Can she file dowry case against me after giving money? when she already gave statement in police station due to (Apsi Maan Muttav) she don’t want to live with us…

Q.3.Can she claim maintenance?

Q.4. Few big clue we noticed she is 2 yrs older than me she lied us… presently she is doing job…

Plz advise…

Learning

7 Replies

great india (manager)     20 February 2014

She can do all the things you are frightened of.... Question is what you can do....??? You should be collecting evidences for all and keep tracking all conversations as evidence on future. Do not succumb to their demands and let them realize you not giving into them easily. Defend and strike.... Sooner they'll behave the way you want......

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     20 February 2014

Key question is what you can afford to give her. If you can afford to give her what she is asking, give it and be done with it. Of course, do not agree to give everything, start bargaining and be ready to give it all at some point but do bargain otherwise the demands will keep going up.

I wish someone had give this advice to me early on. If you fight, you will lose time and energy. All this fight is not worth it. If it is only money she is asking, get rid of her and start a new life. You are young. You will make up the lost money. Forget about getting into litigations, advocates, judges and all that comes along with it.

Q.2. Can she file dowry case against me after giving money? when she already gave statement in police station due to (Apsi Maan Muttav) she don’t want to live with us…

Q.4. Few big clue we noticed she is 2 yrs older than me she lied us… presently she is doing job…

0.5. If i give them all marriage expanses back can she demand for more... 

Q.6. What about mutual divorce as she is ready...

PLZ ADVISE… ME LEGALLY.. 

Ultimately, all divorce litigations involve giving money in some form or the other for some reason or the other.

She can file any case she wants. Thats the key to avoiding headaches. Merits will take at least five years to decide (including appeals). Go for a settlement and get out as fast as you can.

Yes. She can claim maintenance and for sure she will. There are some provisions under the law where you can claim cruelty by her or refusal to stay with you (RCR application prior to such claims required) or having physical relationship with other men  to avoid maintenance but thats very difficult to prove for a man unless you have solid evidence. Filing false cases against you would be cruelty to you.

Irrelevant to your current case. Serves no defense to her allegations whatever they end up to be. She will say that you knew all along.

0.5. If i give them all marriage expanses back can she demand for more... 

If you give her any monies for whatever reason, you should  have it as part of a final divorce settlement through Court in which she case she cannot come back and ask for anything else. Otherwise, without a Court-approved final settlement, paying any monies will be a total waste. She will continue to  use you as a cash-cow.

Q.6. What about mutual divorce as she is ready...

GO FOR IT. BEST ADVICE YOU CAN GET. ADVOCATES WILL NOT LIKE IT. THEY LIKE CONTESTED DIVORCES. TAKES TIME... MORE FEES FOR THEM.. 

PLZ ADVISE… ME LEGALLY.. 

Nobody is going to advise you ILLEGALLY. Just joking...

Right now the case is in CAW crime against woman cell... if everything i paid her in CAW... then ?

I would suggest that you seek a stay from CAW cell that you would like all matters to be litigated in the Family Court.  I would advise against making any payments now.  I must admit that this is gray area for me so would not like to give you affirmative answers that may mislead you. So, please ask someone familiar first-hand with CAW proceedings. However, avoid making any payments or give any undertaking or admission or confession of any sort. That will be used against you in Family Court. 

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     04 January 2016

1) Totally agree with the point-wise responses of Samir.  Act accordingly.

2) By paying good fee, engage experienced reliable lawyer, expert in family without whose help you would not be able to proceed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register