LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     12 October 2009

How to Get Scheduled Caste Certificate

How to Get a Scheduled Caste Certificate, I am born in Mumbai, My Grand Father Migrated from Gujarat in 1953 to Mumbai, Can any guide me how to get the Caste Certificate, as in Maharastra we need proof of residence from 1950 only. & in Gujarat they say we are staying here, we should Have to apply in Mumbai only.

Sir Can you help me

Learning

9 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     18 October 2009

Obtain Caste Certificate: Maharashtra

Procedure

Any resident desiring to obtain the Caste Certificate has to fill up the application in the prescribed proforma available at the Mumbai City Collector's office.

Necessary documents/papers

• Court fee stamp of Rs: 5/- is to be affixed on the application.
  • School leaving certificate/ extract of birth certificate/ copy of the first page of the service book, if the applicant is a Govt. or semi-Govt. servant.
  • Attested copies of the first page and lthe ast page of the Ration Card/ extract of the electoral roll/ rent receipt.

In the case of a married women:

• The married women has to produce school leaving certificate/ extract of her birth certificate/ a copy of the first page of the service book, if the applicant is a Government or semi-Government servant, to prove her caste before marriage.
  • Attested copy of the marriage certificate or marriage invitation card.
  • Attested copy of the extract of the Govt. Gazette wherein her change of name after marriage is published.

An applicant who has migrated from other States/ Districts has to produce the caste certificate issued to his/her father/ grandfather by the competent authority of that State/District.

Address of Mumbai City Collector office

General Branch Mumbai City 

Collector Office,

Mumbai City District,

Ground Floor,

Old Custom House,

Mumbai 

Deepak Parmar (Accounts Manager)     20 October 2009

Dear Sir,

My Grandfather migrated in Mumbai in 1953, from Gujarat, I am having some documents such as sub-tenant agreement dated 1959 of my grandfather sigend in mumbai, My Grandfather expired in 1987, my grandmother is still their & she was working in a Semi Govt School.from 1959, I am having the school Letters of here, My Father was born in Mumbai in 1955. So Sir, Should I have to make Caste certificate of my grandmother first then my father & then mine.

And should i have to bring my grandmother's caste certificate from Gujarat, as she was staying their till 1953.

And sir what documents should we have to asked from gujarat that she was in gujarat till 1953, so whom should we contact as their was no ration cards at that time as my grandmother has told me.

And Sir in father's school Leaving Certficate it is given as Hindu - Harijan instead of Hindu Chamar, so how to rectify that also.

Sir If You give my your contact number I can call You.

Thanks - Deepak Parmar

AVI AVM (pro)     15 February 2011

Respected Sir,

I misplaced my  cast certificate  which is issued by Collector Office, Old Custom House, Mumbai which is misplaced in travelling. I have a xerox copy of this certificate.

Can i apply for a duplicate certificate or a fresh certificate.The documents which is required to apply  a new certificate is also available at my side like as Ration Card, Electricity Bill, School  Leaving Cerificate.

Please guide me.

Thankking You

Yours Faithfully

Avinash

Neha Singh (Article Assisstant)     25 April 2011

Avinash,Please will you tell me what was the Proceedure you adopted to obtain your certificate from the Collector's office?May i please know from where you got the application form,what are fees/charges for obtaining the certificate etc.

vijayjadhav (vehicle operator)     20 October 2012

I have lost my caste certificate while travelling,

but i have the zerox copy of it so please help me to get

the duplicate or new caste certificate

regards.

vijay jadhav.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 October 2012

contact tehsil office.

RAKESH JOHRI (D.G.M)     08 April 2013

MY NAME IS RAKESH JOHRI... I BELONG TO SC(KHATIK) COMMUNITY I ALONG WITH MY CCHILDREN HAVE LIVED IN MUMBAI SINCE 15 YEARS AND WOULD LIKE TO ISSE AN SC CERTIFICATE FOR MY SON IN MUMBAI ITSELF AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE COULD A LAWYER PLEASE HELP ME OUT BY CONTACTING ME ON THIS NUMBER -8097292808.. AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Read more at: https://www.mbaclubindia.com/mba_faq/default.asp#.UWLfcqIwr9n

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 April 2013

Rakesh Johri alwo act on the advise above

Manohar (Officer)     17 November 2013

I  & my daughter having cast certificate (SBC).  Residential proof of 1967 on the name of my father. I enclosed all certificate needed for SBC as per usual practice at the time of my daughter. Sethu officer asking me to brought my father school leaving certificate / birth certificate as per new GR passed in Nov 2012. My father expired in 2000. My father was illiterate nor having birth certificate. Pls help  me to guide to get my sons cast certificate. They rejected my application due to reason of my father school leaving certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register