Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (Software engineer)     01 November 2013

Bike-car accident

Hello,

I have been following this website forums since long. Mostly I have got the hits to understand what I have searched for. Before I ask my query I would like to say I am a software engineer who has negligible knowledge of laws. So, please bare with me if you find my response is silly or not relevant.

Today, I have had a minor accident with a car, I was riding on my scooter inside the colony. A car driver was coming in high speed in a turning without honking, which I saw at the last moment, though I tried to avoid but couldnt escape and we had an collision. Now, I have taken him to the police station to have things sorted out legally instead of abusing each other on the roadside.

I am still there, police is not able to tell what are the actual laws on this regard.

I will appreciate a quick help on this, as I am totally unaware about the laws and the way next guy is abusing is sounding so cheap to me and I really cant bare this. He is threatening me to give money or he will beat me outside, and I really dont want to do anything which is not as per our laws.

Please please please give me a direction, I really want to sort this thing out. It is spoiling my and my family's diwali.

Best regards,

Sanjay

Learning

4 Replies

Sanjay (Software engineer)     01 November 2013

Not sure what is that Jokes category means and how my this post got in here.

Not to confuse others but I have re-posted the same query on another forum. Please help!!

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     01 November 2013

Though you have made a complaint to police, the police will file  a case against the car driver. Then they will proceed  according to Law.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     01 November 2013

You or the car driver, who ever was driving negligently, FIR may be lodged against him by the aggreived under section 279, 337, 338, IPC.

Carolyn Denton (Law student)     20 May 2019

It's important to know who was violating the rules if we gonna try to predict the outcome for this accident

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register