LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil (Test)     08 July 2013

Spell mistake in sale deed

i am planning to purchase a new flat, I got complete chain of property documents from pervious owner.

During document check i found spell mistake in one old owner of that property. Like in one propery document owner name is mentioned as "Ranjit" however in next sale deed owner is spelled as "Ranjeet". However husbad name and signature are same on both documents. (this is old ..so no photo)

After that this property was sold 4 more times and I have copy of those sale deed.

I total this property was sold 6 times and I am getting photopcoy of all these except last two which I am getting original copies. the spelling problem is between 2nd and 3rd sale of property.

Please advise if this is going to be a big problem.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     09 July 2013

there shouldn't be any problem in purchasing the property. you may take an indemnity from the seller against any third party claim which may arises in the future, if any. Regards, Advocate Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 Mumbai

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     22 August 2013

Follow the advice of rohit and also it can be rectified by making a rectification deed in the concerned sub registrar office, contact registrar officer. 

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     25 August 2013

You do not have to bother about the earlier deeds.

You have to look at the last conveyance deed. Also, if the current owner is in possession for a long time and there has been no problem, then you do not have to do anything.
 Just go ahead and purchase if you are satisfied that the current owner is the real one and is in possession.

S Jadhav

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register