LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suman (Solution Developer)     24 June 2013

Buy apartment bbmp b khata property and land is a khata

Hi All, Can anyone help? I am planning to buy apartment BBMP B khata property. Will there be any problem if I buy this kind of property? As per the discussion with Builder he told Land is A Khata and Apartment is B Khata and remain quailty apartment is good. and He told bank loan also provide in HDFC,PNB,Axis Bank Thanks in Advance

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 June 2013

If Bank loan is provided. No problem. Enjoy.

narendra.s.p (Chief Manager(Law))     25 June 2013

“B” KHATA : Refers to the following types of Land/building: a) Where the Layout plan is not approved by Town Planning Authority but approval is obtained from Gramathana/Panchayat. And / or b) Where the Conversion order has not been obtained from the Deputy Commissioner and c) The Land/site is not situated in the Residential Zone of the Development Plan. The Municipal Tax in respect such property is collected by BBMP and recorded in “B” Register maintained in the concerned Municipal Ward and the “Khata” or account in respect of the Land/building is referred to as “B” Khata. APPROVAL OF LAYOUT PLAN: Under the provisions of section 14-B of the Karnataka Town & Country Planning Act, 1961, the development rights of the area/land [ in which the site of the employee is situated] should be authorised for purpose of residential use by the jurisdictional Town Planning Authority. To ensure this, the Plan of the Layout formed by private developers should be approved by the Jurisdictional Town Planning authority. Gramathana / Panchayat is not a Town Planning Authority. Layout plan approved by Gramathana is therefore unauthorised. Under the provisions of section 47 (1) (a) of the Karnataka Town & Country Planning Act, 1961, the concerned Planning Authority is vested with powers to remove, pull down or alter any building in its area of jurisdiction for not complying with the above provisions of law. CONVERSION ORDER & UNAUTHORISED LAYOUT Under the provisions of section 95 of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964, an order of the jurisdictional Deputy Commissioner for converting Agricultural Land for the use of non agricultural [Residential] purpose is required go be obtained. In absence of such a conversion order, the Land used for construction of house would be unauthorized. However, if the Layout is within the jurisdiction of BBMP, then in absence of conversion order, it should be ensured that the Land is within the area earmarked as Residential Zone of the Development Plan [Master Plan of BBMP]. If the Layout is situated in Green Belt or any Zoning Area not earmarked as Residential Zone, then such a Layout is unauthorized.

Sandeep (self employed)     20 July 2013

Dear Suman,

I also own an apartment in a building where land has "A" Khatha and betterment charges paid and building plan sanction approved by BBMP. But BBMP is only issuing "B" Khatha because we do not have Occupancy Certificate which is mandatory NOW is not being issued to building because of violation of building plan (setbacks and Floor Area Ratio). There is absolutely no danger or risk involved in going for such a flat. But i don't know why there has been a lot of negative publicity given and also banks hesitate funding such apartments.

I would like to tell you that almost 80% building do not have Occupancy Certificates in Bangalore, infact i own another flat which i bought in 2001 which doesn't have Occupancy Certificate and has all possible bye-law violations which you could think of and yet we got "A" Khatha for it those days.

If you had to buy a flat having A Khatha then either it will be too old or too expensive, expensive because new flats which are built with too little or no violations will be quite expensive. No apartment building will be demolished, and will be regularized during Akrama-Sakrama. So if banks are funding (which they should if they don't want to shut down) you can go for it.

cheers

Sandeep 

Ananth (Sr.Executive)     20 June 2014

Thank you for that info. Just wanted to clarify one more thing here. If the layout plan is approved by CMC body which we have understood is not suppose to approve, what is the next step to legalise the layout plan. The tax is being paid at BBMP office till date. But no one has proper layout plan.

Can we approach BBMP to earmark as per our sale deed and give us the authority to construct ? or should we ask them to sketch up and do the layout plan first before taking any other step ?

The land is in B khata, DC converted  but with layout plan approved by CMC (not bda or bmrda).

Please help how to make it legal land. This was bought when it was under CMC, now turned to BBMP jurisdiction

bangalore5   09 April 2015

A Khatha is a sort of  identification certificate issued by the local civic body  recognizing the ownership of a property in favour of its true owner, and that makes such owner eligible to receive the civic amenities extended to him/her, from time to time, by the Civic authorities / Government. 

For more details,

A-Khatha and B-Khatha

Sushma (ASE)     27 April 2015

Dear Sir,

We own a flat which is constructed on 40x60 bda plot, which has 9 units (2 in each floor). We got loan from Canfin homes (sponsored by canara bank) during purchasing .

We are trying to take over the loan to other banks because of huge interest rate in current bank. However, I tried with all banks (Nationalised and other private banks) and none of them are ready to take over since they say its B-khata flat.

I am aware that in BDA site there is a rule not to construct an apartment, however, I would like to know will this kind flats built on BDA site regularized during Akrama Sakrama?

Please advise..

Gururaj   17 November 2015

i want  to purchase one flat, its A khatha land and B khatha flat, OC is not received..compare to A Khatha B khatha flats are cheap ..is it true?..

i want to know ,,what are the disadvantages of B khatha flats in future?

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register