Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lissing perme (unemployed)     02 June 2013

Guidance

Respect Members,

Is Judgement in "Surya Dev Rai vs Ram Chander Rai & Ors on 7 August, 2003" by the Supreme Court of India is still a good law or it is Overruled???

Thanks in Advance

Learning

2 Replies

Sonia Dhamija (Advocate)     02 June 2013

The Supreme Court judgment in the case of “Surya Dev Rai vs Ram Chander Rai” has been reported in "(2003) 6 SCC 675 : AIR 2003 SC 3044".

There were various legal principles decided in this case. I don’t for what legal principle you are asking the question.

However, this judgment has not been overruled so far in any case on any of the points.

It has been followed in the case of Bandaru Satyanarayana v. Imandi Anasuya, (2011) 12 SCC 650.

It has been “partly affirmed” in the case of Radhey Shyam v. Chhabi Nath, (2009) 5 SCC 616.

Likewise, it has been “partly followed and partly doubted” in the case of Shalini Shyam Shetty v. Rajendra Shankar Patil, (2010) 8 SCC 329.

If you ask your question specifically about a principle of law laid down in this case, I can try to reply specifically on that question.

Sonia Dhamija (Advocate)     02 June 2013

The Supreme Court judgment in the case of “Surya Dev Rai vs Ram Chander Rai” has been reported in "(2003) 6 SCC 675 : AIR 2003 SC 3044".

There were various legal principles decided in this case. I don’t for what specific legal principle you are asking the question.

However, this judgment has not been overruled so far in any case on any of the points.

It has been "followed" in the case of Bandaru Satyanarayana v. Imandi Anasuya, (2011) 12 SCC 650.

It has been “partly affirmed” in the case of Radhey Shyam v. Chhabi Nath, (2009) 5 SCC 616.

Likewise, it has been “partly followed and partly doubted” in the case of Shalini Shyam Shetty v. Rajendra Shankar Patil, (2010) 8 SCC 329. However, it was not overruled in this case.

If you ask your question specifically about a principle of law laid down in this case, I can try to reply specifically on that question.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register