Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Patel (Studying)     23 April 2013

Can our advocate go on regular dates ? every 2-3 months ?

Hello there,

I need help regarding the Case for Copyright ACT 63B, My brother was accussed for it. He was out on bail within 20 days. He is going regularly on dates from last 2 years in mumbai court. But due to his Career life he is not able to move every 2-3 months to mumbai and go on date. Is it possible that if i hire advocate he can go instead of him ?

Please guide. Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 April 2013

Your brother is an accused, he has to attend the case, because it is criminal case.  If you hired an advocate at most he can file an exemption application once or twice 

abhishek (advocate)     24 April 2013

you shud hire lawyer and he can try for permanent exemption from attending the court

arvind singh mann (advocate)     24 April 2013

dear even under section 205 crpc his presence can be exmpted till court requires his personal appearence

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     18 October 2013

On a petition before the concerned magistrate court,  that your brother may not be able to attend the court for each and every hearing along with some substantial evidence supporting his claim, the magistrate may dispense with personal attendance of accused if he sees reasons so to do and permit him to appear by his pleader.  But the Magistrate inquiring into or trying the case may, in his discretion at any stage of the proceedings, direct the personal attendance of the accused and if necessary enforce such attendance in the manner provided by law.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register