Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Annulment or divorce - please help

Page no : 2

seeking-guidance (self)     15 April 2013

Sir, when ever we have asked them to send their daughter, they don t Respond on that.

they have never given hints to 'carry on with marriage' or go for the divorce.

we have never asked for divorce.

but we want to get rid of such people.

5 months of marriage and we have no idea- what do they want, and how???

they have never given 1 call, it s we who call and my brother have visited to talk/discuss 4 times, at their house.

they all start speaking loud and point out Faults in us and the boy (groom).

something, never seen before!!!

if brother records her voice- what words spoken by her, will be the proof ?

(Guest)

Points 1 and 2 in your first post.

1 Like

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     15 April 2013

Since you have mentioned that its just five months of marriage, I have to inform you that petition for divorce can not be filed as the same can be filed only after expiry of one year from marriage.

As far as annullment is concerned the same can be filed on the basis of non-consumation of marriage. However, in order to prove the same ultimately, you will have to apply for medical examination of both parties and she may object the same thereby delaying the procedure. Even otherwise, it will take approx. two years in court procedure.

In order to further harass you she can file compalint under section 498A of IPC and that under DV Act. For the same you need to be mentally prepared. However with help of good advocate you may come out clean.

Goutam Prasad

Advocate

Supreme Court of India

Mob: 9810753838

https://www.aegisjurist.com

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

1 Like

(Guest)

^ ^ ^

I second Goutam Prasad here . . . 

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     16 April 2013

section 14 of HMA allows you to make an application for divorce even before the expiry of one year. There is no problem here. you do NOT have to wait till the expiry of one year from the date of the wedding.

seeking-guidance (self)     28 April 2013

PM

Dear Querist this is not a case for annulment of marriage, you can file a divorce petition before court u/s 13 of Hindu marriage act, but before that you have to send 4 information cum complaint to higher authority as National Women Commission of India, Natioanl Human Rights of India, Commissioner of Police/SSp of your are and SSP Chandausi for your protection, if your are not send these application they can file any false cases against you for dowry and another. Feel Free to Call if you want to meet personaly you can contact at D-720, Lawyers Chember, Karkardooma Court, Delhi

seeking-guidance (self)     28 April 2013

PM

my friend,am not a lawyer but have some knowledge based on experience/forums For 498 A to be filed,they don`t need much proof but if you haven`t taken dowry you`ll be acquited but after 2-3 years of case for which you have to spend on lawyers. That`s why I suggested to get some voice-recording proof of non-consumnation due to her,This can be shown in police station and wife`s family will also be hesitant to file case if you have proof

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     28 April 2013

Dear Bro

You cannot say your marriage is void, but you can opt for divorce.

Contact any local lawyer or send us your location and details of both the boy and girl and then we may deal your case accordingly.

Good Luck.

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Advocate

Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh

M:9814110005

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register